Why giving to local charities makes all the difference in your community

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another "Wow" Morning

It's Tuesday morning. I'm swamped with work, the sky is dreary, it's cold, and it's raining. But I don't care. I have my own little patch of sunshine right in the middle of my chest.

Yesterday, just before I interviewed Melinda, I received a phone call from another matching pledge. This morning, two more people jumped on board. These people have promised to match my ten bucks dollar for dollar. That means every charity I feature will receive $60.00 in support! See how quickly this could grow?

Let me make this clear: I'm not asking you to match my giving; that's something some people chose to do. I am asking you to pass the idea of My Ten Bucks on to your friends. You can help this seed of an idea take root and grow into something larger than all of us.

Help this blog grow by becoming a follower. Click "Follow" on the left side of this page. You'll get email updates on blog activity, but more importantly, the blog will impact more charities as it gains a larger following.

No comments:

Post a Comment